Pages

15 October 2014

DIY Pumpkin Hat


Hello Pumpkin,


When I was younger I wanted to be a princess, because what little girl doesn't want to be Cinderella? Instead I was her pumpkin -- I cried... all day. At that time I didn't appreciate/notice how adorable a pumpkin costume really is on kids. Not to worry, I'll get my chance to appreciate it one, very long, day from now.  

Materials
Cardboard box

Soft felt sheets -- orange, green, and brown 

Yarn and needle 

Orange Ribbon

Hot glue gun 



Cut a small circle on the cardboard (measure according to your preferred size -- I made a mini hat)  
Draw a circle a bit bigger than the cardboard using half of the sheet from the orange felt.
Make a mini leaf shapes 
Stuff the remaining green felt -- I recommend using cotton instead, it will make it easier for you in the other steps. 
Hot glue the orange border onto the cardboard
Poke a hole in the middle (all the way through the felt)
Use yarn and needle to create pattern below
Hot glue ribbon on bottom of cardboard
Use other half of the orange felt to cover the bottom of the hat


Top off with leaves and make a small stem with brown felt


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment